On our 3rd full day of the Carmel-by-the-Sea portion of our vacation, Holly and I hiked in Garland Ranch Regional Park in Carmel Valley. Carmel-by-the-Sea is on the coast and was mostly cool during our stay. Carmel Valley is about 10 miles inland and much warmer.
We had not been to Garland Ranch before and really enjoyed our hike. Since it was inland, it was much different than our hike in Point Lobos the day before.
I used its marco function only twice trying to get a good photo of a California Poppy.
Along our hike, we came across several lizards, and I was able to get a couple photos of 1 of them.
On part of the hike, we were able to see a small winery, although we weren’t able to figure out which one it is.
Among the many hike options, we decided to find Mesa Pond. We had a little difficulty finding it but eventually did. It’s a rather small pond, but I guess that’s what ponds are.
The rest of the hike was lovely and scenic.
- 2023 California Flickr Album
- Downtown LA with My Rollei Giro 105
- Downtown LA with My Minolta X-700
- 2023 California Vacation Part 1
- 2023 California Vacation Part 2
- Point Lobos in Color and B&W
- 2023 California Vacation Part 3
- Garland Ranch Regional Park with My Minolta X-700
- Monterey and Cannery Row Photos
- 2023 California Vacation Part 4
- Carmel River State Beach with my Minolta X-700
- 2023 California Vacation Part 5